Organizational Bylaws include the following:
- Membership - selection requirements, resignations, expulsion rights and duties
- Dues - amount and collection process, special fees and when to pay
- Executive Board - structure, members, power, and duties
- Duties of Officers - job descriptions and powers
- Committees - how formed, chairpersons, meetings, powers, and duties
- Duties of Advisor - job description and powers
- Elections - time of year, voter eligibility, removal from office, and appeal process
- Order of Business - agenda used for conducting meetings
- Parliamentary Authority - rules followed for order
- Amendments - voting procedures and notice required
- Any other specific policies and procedures unique to your organization
Note that a simple majority vote is required to make any changes to the organizations ByLaws.
This page will eventually provide examples of currently used bylaws.